The bathroom shower can make or break the whole space. A shower that doesn’t accommodate your needs properly can become a big problem quickly, so research is essential.
Think about bathrooms you have previously used, what worked and what didn’t?
- Will two people need to shower at the same time? Consider dual shower heads.
- One size does not fit all…if you want extra space then a double size shower is an option.
- Do you want a ho or hobless shower?
- Is a frameless shower screen the look you prefer?
- Do you want a built-in shelf to store your toiletries?
- Are you wanting a rail shower or rain heads?
If you are including a bath in your bathroom, there are a few choices you need to make. The type of bath you want will depend on your lifestyle, and also the look you are going for.
For a kids bathroom, you might be more concerned with practicality. If the bath is for an ensuite, the focus might be on a more luxury look and feel, such as a freestanding bath which is the perfect choice for creating a spa atmosphere.
The basin area in a bathroom needs a bit of research to get it right, but it is well worth the effort.
• The first decision you will need to make is whether you want one or two basins? It is also a good idea to check that if you choose two basins, will there still be plenty of bench space left?
• Next you need to ensure there is enough storage for your needs. Do you want drawers as well as cabinets/cupboards?
Not having enough storage in a bathroom is one of the biggest complaints people have about their current bathrooms, do your homework and get it right the first time.
It may seem as simple as choosing a toilet and that is it, but there are a few more things to consider. Will you enclose the WC in the ensuite behind its own door, or are you wanting an open plan ensuite? Do you plan to have a separate powder room for guests to use?
The little details
Paying close attention to detail when planning your bathroom can be the difference between a standard bathroom, and a bathroom with wow factor.
Frameless mirrors add a luxe touch, or consider selecting a 900mm towel rail instead of the standard 600mm. There are so many options for your fixtures and fittings when it comes to creating the ultimate bathroom for your new home.
Visit a Content Living display home to get some great inspiration for your ultimate bathroom.